Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Negs


An oldie:

Those familiar, yet so foreign vibrations. They resonate and evoke something nostalgic, and altogether arresting. The moment saturates me with a sensation unlike any other...I become both the creator, and co-creator.  

This being is ours to manipulate and reshape to the incessant rhythm. My fingers pulse and tremble in anticipation for what is to follow. The possibilities at this moment are infinite and completely expansive, yet we control every aspect of it. The energy radiates from within - electric - and the result is something tangible and unique to the listener.  In realization of all of this, a smile crawls up into my face from beneath my flesh. I cannot control it, nor do I want to...at the moment I simply am. 

This moment feels right. It feels true and untainted; pure. My purpose has been confirmed; I must keep this entity alive and let it perish only when I know the time has come. 

So we ride this melody and change it, and break it, and reconstruct it to breathe life into it for a brief time. Although ephemeral, the amount of fulfillment is remarkable. An understanding between two separate individuals that allows for the creation of this other is beyond my comprehension. The synchronicity required; coupled with the ability to conceive the other’s vision with respect to the life of the creation...is the production of something exceptional. We are no longer individuals, but instead all three of us, one. I cling to this moment and bathe in the sounds as they caress every inch of me, and I see the time for its end is near.  

A certain excitement mixed with sadness consumes me, and I strive to bring this thing to its death. I flashback to its birth, and from there its life plays out until I stare it in the face as it takes its last glorious breath. A chill dances down my neck and melts into the base of my spine. I will not see this creature again the way it was, but instead as a mere ghost...a reincarnation of itself used to symbolize what it once was. 

The sound stops and all I can hear are the remnants of this mystical creature screaming; begging, pleading to be replayed as it lies entombed in my soul, causing that constant dull ringing that I can hear in my ears. I breathe and know that it will never truly leave me. To it, we are God.


No comments:

Post a Comment