Monday, May 11, 2015

I, Doge



Flickering memories of a weekend flashing.
Drunken lightning leaping, skipping through my mind.
A flurry of droplets fall
from full, swollen clouds.
The rain gently erases dry patches of dead ground,
cools scorched footprints along the spines of sprawling dunes,
makes sand smooth.
A colorful bow bends between tall mountains
encased in cold mist;
her frozen smile
smeared across my sky.

A shower of sun drowns the dark.

From the wet earth grows a green vine,
her lips wrapping around mine.
Flowers bloom.
Liquid light spills from small pollen irises,
drifting delicately down
the bent petals of her lashes,
sad and tender.

Her laughter perfumes the open air.

Winds rejoice.

I breathe her in.
She is a puddle I lap at like a dog.
Rushing through her wet fields, panting,
rolling myself in her mossy secret,
barking with my tail wagging,
my dumb dog-eared heart beats for her beauty.

2 comments: