Friday, October 30, 2015

All Hallows' Eve Eve



Big weekend ahead. Halloween. I can't remember what I did on the day last year. If I cared enough to search back on this blog I might be able to find out. This year there will be a play and dancing, costumes and mayhem. Halloween is a holiday I almost dislike. It's an amateur hour somehow more formidable than even New Year's Eve. But the spirit of it, the scantily clad women and drinking, the supernatural danger, the sheer depravity of it all, make it worthwhile. San Francisco is a city that knows how to dress up, and better than most. Louisiana might have us beat but I've never been there to confirm. All my knowledge is anecdotal, and perhaps exaggerated, based purely on a few photos and the sordid hoodoo history of the bayou. Now I want some ghostly gumbo, some chain-rattling cornbread, a giant bowl of zombie jambalaya. Instead I'll stop off at the local supermarket and get a disgusting bag of candy corn, a party-sized brick of Hershey's chocolate, maybe some bite sized Snickers. Candy corn are awful. They're just high fructose corn syrup and artificial food coloring. I think they're made almost entirely out of wax. Madame Tussauds nipples.

Me and my femme fatale are to wear animal onesies. I’ll be a pink bunny and she'll be some sort of cute, Asian inspired animal that doesn't really exist. I hope whoever imagined her costume fit the fictive creature with working reproductive organs, because we're gonna make sweet love like rabbits. No, I think we'll have to shed our new skin and shapeshift back into our human form to perform the deed. I'm waiting on Q to confirm that he's gotten me on the list for tomorrow night's dance party. If he hasn't I'll need to find another party, which would be unfortunate this late in the game. Luckily there will be plenty of parties. All of tomorrow's parties, in fact.

Tonight I'll go out to dinner with a few friends, to a shitty Italian restaurant that hardly qualifies as authentic. I've never been there, but if I've learned one thing while living in San Francisco it's that we don't have good Italian food. I could also just grab a quesadilla and meet them at a bar after they wrap up. Decisions decisions. I woke up very early today, but I need to stay up late. If I don't, I won't sleep in tomorrow morning, and then there's no way I'll survive the night; especially when you consider daylight savings. Who is it saving, exactly?

Well, the outside world is beckoning me. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment