Monday, June 16, 2014

365



Today, the 16th of June in the year of our lord 2014, marks the one-year anniversary of this blog. Time went so quickly. I'd like to thank my mom, God, my family and friends; everyone who made this possible; I couldn't have done it without you. Why doesn't anyone ever thank the devil during acceptance speeches? I'd venture he usually has more to do with it than God does.

I'd like to reclaim the youthful irreverence that started this site. At its outset it was leisurely and fun, an artistic outlet. Now though, it has become more akin to work. I spend too much time fussing with grammar and sentence structure instead of content. Form is important, absolutely, but not at the cost of content - that's what editors are for. It's like becoming a really technically skilled guitarist without being able to improvise. You need to be able to play jazz.

I am the Milli Vanilli of bloggers. I don't know what I'd do if the music stopped; girl you know it's true.

Yesterday I didn't leave my house. It was beautiful outside but I feared the continued wrath of the sun; what it might do to my already leathery face. It looks as though I applied a thin layer of expired Elmer's glue to my forehead and then sat in front of an oscillating fan to let it dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment