Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Brown Hole Sun



I've observed some strange behavior with a lens I recently purchased from B&H. The lens wasn't cheap, coming in at around $1200 - the cost of my previous camera - and the accompanying adapter was $300 on top of that. So you can understand my surprise when I noticed some strong de-centering on photographs taken at wider apertures.

Check out the above shot of the silos.

See how the top of the photo is soft and ethereal, while the bottom is in focus? It's strange, because they should be the same distance from where I stood.

I've emailed them, asking to send me a replacement adapter, so I can determine whether it's an issue with the lens or not. I suspect the camera body to be fine, because it plays nice with different lens/adapter combinations I own. I'm concerned, though, given I made the purchase with them at the end of February, and it's now April. We'll see; I've heard good things about their customer service.

I haven't been to the gym in weeks, because of work, and my body is slowly morphing into a piece of shit - literally. I feel like Gregor Samsa's long lost brother, Fecal. I want to hide under a bed in the room of my parents house, stinking of rot and pestilence, a decayed apple lodged into my back, coming out only to feast on refuse and chewed dregs. Or maybe peanuts and corn, because they're more often seen imbedded in the belly of a smelly turd. I had planned on going to the gym today (as well as yesterday) but my alarm didn't fire this morning.

All is lost; all muscle mass, I mean.

----------

I wrote the above post on my way in to the office. I'm back home now. At work I managed to eat a package of Oreos; several mouthfuls of chocolate-covered almonds; fistfuls of cashews, and a chocolate-pecan-caramel candy bar.

I have evolved into a sea of gelatinous wet stool, staring up from dammed porcelain into the eye of a brown-hole sun. Unsure of my boundaries, all runny and heterozygous, existing somewhere between liquid and solid - hot chocolate soup.


In my eyes, indisposed
In disguises no one knows
Hides the face, lies the snake
The sun in my disgrace

- Chris Cornell

No comments:

Post a Comment